We got asked how to clean our organic pillows and mattresses. It was a simple question but one that we have never addressed before! Cleaning your bed products is very important. Every night you sweat and shed dead skin cells on our bedding, it's the uncomfortable truth. After waking up in the morning and making the bed you trap those substances in our bedding. Regularly cleaning sheets, duvets, mattress and topper cases, pillows, pillow cases, and blankets helps keep your bedroom healthy and happy.
- Keep your pillow clean, cover it with a pillowcase
- Air pillow seasonally (in sunlight)
- Increase pillow loft, put the pillow in the dryer with a new tennis ball. Keep on a gentle cycle with cool air. The tennis ball will beat the sides of the pillow and fluff it back to life.
- If your pillow has to be washed then spot clean it. Use Dr. Bronners soap or an ecological laundry detergent and treat the stain. Avoid any harsh detergents.
- After spot cleaning, place the pillow in the sun. This will kill bacteria, mites, mildew, and deodorize the pillow. If you own a wool pillow the sunshine will restimulate the fibers in the pillow.
It is also important to note that all Ergovea mattress and topper encasements are machine washable. If you have any further questions on how to treat and clean Ergovea products feel free to contact us at, 1-888-559-5051.